Family changes, behavioral issues, academic struggles and difficulty with siblings/peers are just a few of the many reasons that parents look for counseling for their children. We specialize in the therapeutic treatment of children, providing collaborative and responsive treatment to children, teens and their families. Located in the heart of central Austin, we emphasize the importance of relationships as the vehicle for change by creating a nonjudgmental and accepting environment.
- Abuse, Emotional/Physical/Sexual
- Adjustment to Change & Transitioning
- Attachment, Adoption, Neglect
- Attention Deficit/ Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Anger Management
- Anxiety, Worries
- Behavioral Issues, School Behaviors
- Conflict Resolution, Communication
- Divorce, Separation, Blending Families
- Friendship, Relational Aggression
- Grief & Loss
- Parenting, Discipline & Setting Boundaries
- Trauma and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
“No significant learning occurs without a significant relationship.” – James Comer
Healing occurs within the relationship. As client centered therapists, we see a child through their world. We learn how they are experiencing it and we believe that they are fully capable of enacting change in themselves in relation to their environment. Parenting may not be what you thought it would be like. Anyone can parent a well-behaved child, but some of us need additional support to help with reoccurring misbehavior.